- News -
May 21, 2017
Jul 10, 2016
Jul 10, 2016
2016 summer program on the Chinese Traditional Medicine at National Yang-Ming University (Deadline : 2016/04/30)News & Events 464
Jul 10, 2016News & Events 364
Jul 10, 2016News & Events 280
Jul 10, 2016News & Events 281
Jul 10, 2016
2014 V-Men Run will be held by The Garden of Hope Foundation on Nov. 22, please invite your friends to join this event ~News & Events 301
Jul 10, 2016News & Events 283
International Summer School in Human Sciences (18 May - 12 June 2015)
International Summer School in Human Sciences
18 May - 12 June 2015
The University of Jyväskylä is pleased to welcome you to our 12th intensive Summer School in Human Sciences in May-June 2015. The Jyväskylä Summer School in Human Sciences comprises 16 interdisciplinary courses for undergraduate and/or graduate students interested in e.g. culture studies, education, sport and health sciences, psychology, communication, social sciences and philosophy or related fields.
18 �V 22 May
- Finnish Language and Culture
- Race and Gender in Science
- Introduction to Dance Movement Therapy and Other Arts Therapies
- Organization and Role of Sport in the EU and its Member States
25 �V 29 May
- Education in Finland
- Physical activity, Sport, Health and Health Promotion �V International perspectives
- Social Networks and Interpersonal Relations in a Multicultural World
- Introduction to Management and Leadership
1 �V 5 June
- Social Sciences and Global Responsibility
- Sport Marketing
- International Marketing
- Studies in Cultural Anthropology
8 �V 12 June
- Introduction to Intercultural Communication
- Working Models in Domestic Violence Counseling
- Introduction to Gender Studies
- Psychology of Sport and Exercise injuries
How to apply?
Applications should be submitted online at www.jyu.fi/en/study/programmes/summerschool/apply no later than 2 March 2015. You are welcome to apply for the full summer school programme or parts of it. Each course lasts one week (2-4 ECTS credits).
Students from partner universities all over the world are invited to apply to the Summer School. Also the degree students of the University of Jyvaskyla are welcome to join the courses.
Students are accepted to the Summer School in the framework of the bilateral cooperation agreements between the University of Jyväskylä and partner universities. The University of Jyväskylä does not charge tuition for the courses from students of partner universities collecting eventual tuition fees of their own. There will be a small fee for the social programme. Students are expected to pay for their travel to and from Jyväskylä as well as living expenses and accommodation while in Jyväskylä.
The teaching staff of the Summer School consists of professors, researchers and experts from the University of Jyväskylä and from partner universities.
Summer School participants will be accommodated in the apartments of the Kortepohja Student Village at about 2.5 kilometres / 1.5 miles from the University. They will each have a furnished study-bedroom with a shared kitchenette and bathroom.
University of Jyväskylä